India International Jewellery Show 2006, NSE Complex, Goregaon, Mumbai, India, 4-8 May, 2006
India International Jewellery Show 2006, the five-day Jewellery trade fair organized by the Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC) culminated in a grand finale on May 8, 2006 . Spread over 46,000 square meters with 1500 stalls, IIJS 2006 presented an entirely new experience this year. Teams of highly experienced, professional designers created a new look and layout for the show to make both exhibiting and visiting a truly satisfying experience. The new look carefully balanced the different needs of organizers, exhibitors, attendants and visitors alike, while adapting traditional Indian concepts of space and design to the realities of a modern jewellery exhibition. The show has been ranked amongst top five B2B Gem and Jewellery trade fair in the world according to 'The Hindu Business Line'
Highlights of IIJS 2006
- Significantly upgraded infrastructure with better quality services & site management
- Online registration & simplified procedures
- Acts as a one stop destination for the trends and products emerging in different parts of the country
- Golf Tournament organized for the first time saw participation from 50 visitors & exhibitors
- Host of delegations representing key & emerging International markets such as Thailand, Bangladesh, Hungary, Cyprus, Iran, Pakistan, Poland, Kuwait, Latin America, Egypt and Mexico
- New entrants were exhibitors from Italy, China, France, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Germany, Korea, Poland Turkey, Belgium, USA, Thailand and Czechoslovakia
- 17000 Visitors , 640 exhibitors and 1500 stalls
- Special design galleries & pavilions showcasing traditional exotic handcrafting techniques & designs along with contemporary designs. Special attraction was the live demonstrations by group of Kaarigars- the very practitioners of the art
- 16 educative seminars conducted over 5 days
Fashion bistro, a new lounge that enabled to watch live fashion shows & cultural performances at the venue with companies showcasing the best of their collections.