Leader of Delegation:
Shri Bakul R. Mehta, Chairman
Shri Rajiv Jain
Director, Sambahv Gems
Shri Vijay Chordia
Director, Valentine Jewellery (I) Pvt Ltd
Shri Pramod Agarwal
Director, Derewala Jewellery Industries
Mrs. Sudha Agarwal
Director, Sudha Jewellers Pvt Ltd
Shri Ashok Singhi
Partner, Anukool Gems
Shri Nitin Vijay Gupta
Partner, Guptasons Jewellers & Gems Pvt Ltd
Shri Ruchir Goenka
Partner, Galaxy Gems
Shri Sabyasachi Ray
Council organized a combined delegation to Bangkok and Hong Kong from 14-16 September, 2006.
During the Bangkok visit Indian Delegates had meeting with the following organizations:
- On 14 th Sept 2006 : India Delegations had luncheon meeting with the Thai Gem & Jewellery Traders Association to discuss various aspects of trade between India & Thailand .
- On 15 th Sept 2006 : Mr. Bakul R. Mehta, Chairman, GJPEC, was the ‘Guest Speaker' at the seminar, on the topic “ India – Thailand Cooperation for Greater Trade Expansion”, which was attended by the Chairman of Advisory Board (TGJTA) and approximately 70-80 participants along with 10-15 press representatives.
- Dinner & Cocktail Party – Sponsored by the GJEPC : On the evening of 15 th Sept, 2006 GJEPC organized the Dinner & Cocktail Party to the Officials of DEP, TGJTA, Indian exhibitors, exhibitors of Zambia, buyers from European countries at Bistro Restaurant at the Impact (Venue of the Show). During the event IIJS 2007 was introduced to the attendees. TGJTA agreed to organized Thai Pavilion at IIJS 2007 with 15-20 exhibitors and was also interested to co organize Thai Evening during IIJS 2007
- Zambian delegation was also invited to the IIJS 2007
- On 16 th Sept 2006 : The Indian delegation visited the Gemopolis Industrial Estate which like a SEZ area. Mr. Boonyong Assarasakorn, Chairman, Gemopolis, welcomed the Indian delegation. During their visit, a movie on Gemopolis was screened followed by the informative presentation on the Gemopolis about their activities, Companies operating in the Gemopolis, and their expansion plans like fashion habitat and Gemopolies Mall.